* The Italian edition of The German Heiress has launched! I love old movies, and this stunning cover makes me think of an old film poster.
*If you love historical fiction, check out the HarperCollins Canada event that brought me together with the wonderful fellow authors Judithe Little, Jennifer Robson and Mandy Robotham!
*Book 2 is coming SUMMER 2022!!!!!
* In the UK, the paperback edition of The German Heiress will be launching in February 2021!
*Spot the book: Can you find The German Heiress in this New York Times article about how to sell books in 2020?
*My first translation edition has arrived: De Duitse erfgename in the Netherlands! Dank u!
*In the UK, Woman&Home magazine named my hardcover Finding Clara one of the best historical books of 2020. Yay! They called the story “extraordinary.”
*Amazon has chosen The German Heiress as one of their Summer Reading Book Club picks!
*In the US, The German Heiress hit several ebook bestseller charts in May, including Apple (#25), Amazon (#13) and Kobo (#4)!
*In Canada, Indigo has named The German Heiress one of the best books of 2020 so far. Yay!
*In the UK, Saga Magazine’s May issue called Finding Clara “A powerful, profound debut by a journalist with a gift for storytelling.”
*Love from Canada continues: The German Heiress was on the national bestseller lists for a total of 4 weeks! Thank you!
*Crimereads named The German Heiress one of the 5 debuts to read in April. I loved their description of the story as an “investigation. . .into the dark hearts of collaborators everywhere.”
* The German Heiress hit the Globe & Mail and Toronto Star bestseller lists for the week ending April 22! Go Canada!
*April 7 — The German Heiress launches in the USA! Even though these are hard times right now around the world, I’m excited for this achievement. I hope my book brings a little joy to readers wherever they are.
* Very excited that Finding Clara will be launching as a Kindle deal ebook on Amazon in the UK markets at the end of January!
*Honored to be chosen for a panel at the Aye Write festival in Glasgow, Scotland. I’ve never been to Scotland before *and* I’ll get to meet readers *and* sit on a panel with Louise Hare (This Lovely City), so this is going to be amazing. Sunday March 15, 2020. (Unfortunately canceled due to corona. I WILL get to this and Glasgow one day!)
*Really looking forward to meeting readers and signing books at wonderful places like Goldsboro Books in London on Monday March 16, 2020. (Also canceled due to corona. Hope to make this up some time).
*At HarperCollins for a marketing meeting on The German Heiress, and my jaw dropped at the view —
* Had a fantastic time at Cornerstone’s Author Showcase in London, Oct 2019. It was one of those moments when I’m holding a glass of wine surrounded by people who love books, and I’m thinking, “This is heaven.”
*I love bookshops. There aren’t enough of them in the world. I was so happy to visit several beautiful shops in London where I handed out proofs of Finding Clara in October 2019.